– V O W R E N E W A L S P O R T D O U G L A S –
Vow Renewals have a special place in my heart.
Thirteen years into my own marriage I have an enormous appreciation for what we all invest into a lasting and happy marriage. All those ups and downs on the roller-coaster – all the times you choose and continue to choose each other no matter how difficult the moment is.
Yes, Vow Renewals really do have a special place in my heart.
In Captain Corelli’s Mandolin it is written;
“…Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is.
Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being in love, which any fool can do.
Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.
Those that truly love have roots that grow towards each other underground, and, when all the pretty blossoms have fallen from their branches, they find that they are one tree and not two.”
Louis de Bernières
When designing your ceremony, I will put my heart into creating one that truly reflects who you are as a couple. Your individual responses to the questionnaire I send through (which often have me laughing, and in tears) enable me to surprise your partner with memories and sentiments and have you both completely celebrating your relationship in those special moments.
Because we are all so different – and some people love to share (and some people really don’t) know that your responses will be a perfect indication of how personalised you would like your ceremony to be, and even the most simple ceremonies can be entirely beautiful and heart-warming.
I will provide you with inspiration and options that will help us create a ceremony that is completely you – meaning that you will be so relaxed and just having the most fabulous time while we honour your special love.
– M Y S E R V I C E S I N C L U D E –
- An obligation-free initial meeting. Let’s chat! Whether in person or on phone let’s catch up before you make any decisions so you can suss out if I am the right fit for your special day.
- And if I am, we can jump right in! If you are based locally, we can catch up for a coffee or a wine, have a laugh and put our creative minds together. If not (which is the case 90% of the time) I will send through all you need to get inspired as we start mapping out the foundation for an unforgettable ceremony (this process includes unlimited Skype, phone chats and emails).
- (This is also the point in time where we make it official and complete the booking form and you will be invoiced the booking fee to lock in my services for your chosen day).
ON THE DAY OF YOUR CEREMONY
- I will arrive 30 minutes prior to your ceremony to ensure everything is absolutely perfect and stress-free (if you are arriving separately, I will gladly drop by and pick up the first to arrive on my way to the location).
- I will provide a top of the range PA system to play any songs that bring you happiness on your special day.
- A signing table and chairs.
- A Vow Renewal Certificate, designed with love.
- A personalised copy of your ceremony and vows.
“Love’s not Time’s fool, though rosy lips and cheeks within his bending sickle’s compass come: Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, but bears it out, even to the edge of doom.”
from Sonnet 116 by William Shakespeare
Contact me to arrange an informal, obligation-free meeting to talk about your ideas and discuss how we can create a meaningful and unique ceremony together.